This website section provides a unified resource of University of New England communications related to the novel coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic. It includes a listing of all related University announcements, as well as information on UNE’s return to campus plans for the 2020-21 school year.
The University of New England is pleased to announce its plan to resume on-campus operations and instruction in modified formats for Academic Year 2020-21. The plan, known as UNE起, was developed with guidance from leading health experts at the state and national levels, as well as from the university’s own exceptional scientists and public health professionals.
- July 10, 2020: Announcement of “UNE起” Operations Plan for Academic Year 2020-21 (PDF)
- July 10, 2020: “UNE起” Operations Plan for Academic Year 2020-21 (Full Plan - PDF)
- July 10, 2020: Letter to New 学生们 on Plans for Fall Term 2020 (PDF)
- July 10, 2020: Letter to Returning 学生们 on Plans for Fall Term 2020 (PDF)
- July 17, 2020: Announcement of CCC's Suspension of Fall 竞技 Competition (PDF)
KEY POINTS FROM THE PLAN
- All community members are encouraged to read the plan。看到 学者 and 研究, 健康和安全, 学生生活和 学生服务， 要么 download the complete UNE起 plan (PDF).
- 混合指令: UNE is providing fall courses through a combination of online instruction and face-to-face class time (with a reduced number of students per class).
- 校历: Several changes have been made to the academic calendar. Please note that Labor Day will be a school/work day.
- UNE向前承诺: All community members are asked to make the “UNE向前承诺,” stating their commitment to health and safety guidelines. Guidelines include wearing a mask, social distancing, hygiene, reporting illness和 participating in testing and contact tracing.
- Testing Before Fall Term: All undergraduate students returning to campus for the fall term are required to provide evidence of a negative test taken within 72 hours of arrival.
- 卫生: All campus common areas will be cleaned and disinfected at increased intervals. All employees and students are asked to keep their personal study and work spaces sanitary.
- 保持联络: Please check emails to stay up to date. To make sure your contact information is accurate, 登录到u-在线 和/或 complete the Parent and Family Contact 信息rmation form.
- 雇员： Faculty and professional staff are encouraged to reference the 员工节 for additional information.
- 竞技： In alignment with the Commonwealth Coast Conference, UNE has suspended all fall semester varsity athletic competition. UNE remains committed to providing student athletes with experiences in athletics that comply with institutional, CDC和 state of Maine safety protocols.
As Nor’easters, we take seriously our mutual responsibility to protect each other and our UNE community.
All community members are asked to make the “UNE向前承诺,” stating their commitment to health and safety guidelines.
For general questions和 to be referred to the relevant University office, email us at email@example.com.